Awards: 2006 Chicago Tribune Favourite 50
The staff at Chicago Tribune announce their fourth Annual 'Favourite 50 Magazines' list.
1) THE ECONOMIST - The best English-language newsweekly.
2) DWELL - An old-fashioned sense of fun and practicality.
3) WIRED - Meaty reporting.
4) THE NEW YORKER - Wonderful writing and reporting.
5) ESPN THE MAGAZINE - About the people playing the games.
6) ESQUIRE - Just the right mix of fashion, music, how-to and humor.
7) CONSUMER REPORTS - The straight scoops on our consumer culture.
8) BLENDER - The cool kid of rock magazines.
9) GOURMET - Love it for the worldview it applies to food.
10) THE ATLANTIC - Keeps us smart and in the know.
11) MEN'S VOGUE - Knows no he.te.ro, ho..m.o or metr.o.s..ex..ual boundaries.
12) COOK'S ILLUSTRATED - Consumer Reports for our stomachs.
13) COTTAGE LIVING - A simple, comfortable, stylish way of life.
14) MOTHER JONES - Go[es] where other magazines dare not tread.
15) MEN'S HEALTH - Well-written in-depth essays.
Read complete article and more detailed reviews of their favourite 50 magazines, or vote for your magazine preference.